Thursday, August 4, 2005

Fetal Heartbeat At 34 Weeks Pregnant

flower_duet @ 2005-08-04T11:30:00

A challenge in my travel routes: Évora

The Chapel of Bones is attached to the Church of San Francisco in the medieval city of Évora (Portugal), about three hours Lisbon. [...] At the entrance to a grim reminder register how fragile life is: "We bones here are, by your own hope."



The chapel was [...] built by Franciscan monks between 1460 and 1510 with the bones of some 5,000 people. It is said that the bodies of victims from the Black Death, others say they are the victims of the Inquisition, while others say they are soldiers killed in battle, but the truth is less romantic: the bones from cemeteries.


[...]
Legend has it that the two bodies hanging (see photos), even with skin and clothing, are the result of a curse. This is a father and son who abused his mother to take her to death, but before dying curses them both. She told them that soon they would remain in death, were so bad that neither in the hell would want. And that was because, as she predicted, both died soon after and the ground where ivan to be buried suddenly turned hard as rock. Thus it was that the monks were hung in the chapel since, as an example for other women abusers. In recognition of this, women were getting married, cut their hair and deposited at the entrance to the chapel as a sort of symbolic sacrifice to have a happy marriage. This practice continues today, and you can see several recent braids hanging. It is said that the Franciscans were the first feminists .[...]



# more




Today I feel better, and went to the doctor, I can swallow without suffering in silence, solitude when I'm wrong and I feel like pampering and I do not want nobody, that makes me weird expect nothing from anyone, not knowing anyone, nor have any interest in anyone other than the 4 ragamuffins x'D close around me (I think that's good, but I hope my lack I do miss the chance to be happy someone someday)
The paint shop works finished '8 '(a landscape of blue-green range that pulls the "abstract") and '9' (a cemetery to the Museum of Ourense) and almost '10 '(a scene with candles in the cathedral bcn, also for the museum if I finish it on time.)
Today I'm going to expose a fair when you leave work (I have 2 tables brought in a bag xD), I have no win, but sometimes you have to do what needs to be done, and my only working with them reduced to make a website "more decent" because I have to get wet.
just need rest, and a small plug-esteem.

0 comments:

Post a Comment